We take a proactive stance on compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and expect that all employees, officers and board members acting on behalf of the company will obey the law.
In addition, we require that our officers and employees comply with the following workplace policies and applicable laws and regulations.
ONE Gas is committed to human rights
The company is committed to being a good member of the communities in which we live and work; we also respect and support human rights, no matter where a person calls home. We strive to foster an inclusive and respectful workplace and demand the same from our contractors. ONE Gas will not tolerate a workforce made up of forced labor, otherwise known as human trafficking. If you suspect an employee of the company or a contractor being forced to work for below minimum wage or as an agreement for entry into the United States, report it immediately.
ONE Gas is committed to respecting human rights in our supply chain
ONE Gas further expects its suppliers to support and uphold ONE Gas’ commitment to human rights. We expect suppliers throughout our supply chain to adopt, enforce and comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We are committed to:
- Prohibiting our suppliers from using or participating in the exploitation of workers, children, and forced or involuntary labor, including human trafficking.
- Demanding that our suppliers comply with all applicable labor standards and wage and hour laws and provide their employees with a safe and healthy work environment.
- Requiring covered suppliers to promote and adopt policies and practices regarding non-discrimination, anti-harassment, equal employment opportunities, and the proper investigation of complaints.
ONE Gas is committed to respecting employees’ rights
ONE Gas recognizes employees have the right to associate, self-organize, form, join or assist labor organizations, along with the right to bargain collectively through representatives of their choosing regarding wages, hours and working conditions or to refrain from engaging in such activities. ONE Gas respects these rights and has long-standing, productive relationships with the labor organizations representing a portion of its employees.
Regardless of their affiliation or association, ONE Gas is committed to providing competitive wages and benefits, treating all employees with dignity and respect, and creating an inclusive environment of open communication where employees can speak with their managers about their ideas, concerns or problems.
ONE Gas is committed to a safe work environment
We believe that occupational injuries and illnesses are preventable and can be eliminated. No production goal, cost saving, time saving or competitive advantage is worth an injury of any kind.
We are committed to:
- Ensuring that safety continues as a core value that is integrated into our business activities.
- Providing a workplace that meets or exceeds applicable safety and health laws andregulations.
- Establishing our own safety and health standards and technical guidance based on best practices.
- Striving to continually improve our safety and health performance.
- Encouraging all ONE Gas personnel to contribute to safety improvements
The nature of our business makes it critical that ONE Gas personnel adhere to all applicable safety standards.
We are committed to environmental responsibility
It is our policy to conduct our business with a sincere and proper regard for the environment. We are subject to many governmental requirements and environmental laws. Those governmental requirements set the minimum standard of conduct.
We should each:
- Know and comply with applicable laws and regulations and consult with our Environment, Safety and Health Group and the Legal Department to learn more about applicable laws.
- Support the sustainable use of natural resources including water conservation, the reduction and beneficial reuse of waste and energy conservation.
All employees are expected to act as responsible citizens by adhering to workplace rules and regulations concerning the environment.
Discrimination has no place in workplace decisions
A fundamental philosophy that guides our business is a deep respect for the dignity of all individuals employed by ONE Gas. Consistent with this philosophy and requirements under the law, we are committed to the professional development of a diverse work force through equal employment opportunity. We will:
- Recruit, promote and support the professional development of a diverse workforce.
- Hire without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or military status or other categories protected by applicable laws.
- Train, promote and compensate based on the ability, achievement, experience and conduct of the employee without regard race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or military status or other categories protected by applicable law.
- Embrace the diversity of each other’s talents, abilities and experiences.
Harassment of employees will not be tolerated
In maintaining a workplace environment consistent with our values, we are committed to providing our employees with a work environment free from harassment, intimidation and other inappropriate behavior. We prohibit harassment of or by employees, in any manner, on the basis of sex (with or without sexual conduct), race, religion, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military status, or protected activity (e.g., voicing opposition to prohibited discrimination, filing a charge of discrimination with the EEOC, making an internal report of harassment, participating, testifying, or assisting in an EEOC/company investigation).
Harassment may take many forms, making a single, specific definition impossible. Harassment generally means acting with hostility or aversion to a person because of their protected status or activity. Sexual harassment means unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other physical or verbal conduct (not necessarily sexual in nature) by a supervisor, co-worker, any third party on company property or a company contractor/vendor off-premises.
We are committed to a violence-free workplace
We should each:
- Report any act, whether physical or psychological, which threatens or harms an employee in a violent or potentially violent manner.
- Not possess or use a weapon while on company property (including in company vehicles) or at company functions.
ONE Gas maintains a drug and alcohol-free work environment
A safe and productive working environment cannot be assured if any employee allows the abuse of alcohol or drugs to interfere with his or her performance. We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol-free workplace. In general:
- Do not sell, use or be under the influence of alcohol, drugs not prescribed to you, drugs prescribed to you that may impair your ability to perform your duties or illegal drugs.
- Participate in ONE Gas awareness programs to educate yourself about the hazards of substance abuse and addiction.
- Contact the confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) if drug or alcohol abuse may be affecting you or your job performance. EAP provides employees and eligible family members with information, professional referrals and short-term counseling free of charge to help resolve problems that affect personal lives, job performance or mental or emotional well-being. New Directions can be contacted via phone at 800.624.5544, or via online at www.ndbh.com.
- All employees are subject to testing for drugs or alcohol at work.
- Employees and contractors should immediately report any employee or contractor appearing to work under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Any concerns or potential violations of any of the above workplace conduct topics should be reported immediately.
Questions & Answers
A: Yes, safety is top priority for our customers, employees and contractors. Employees and contractors should perform their usual work on all customer service orders, except for collection work and/or any financial transaction. However, employees and contractors should not give preferential treatment to any customer based on the employee’s or contractor’s personal relationship with that customer.
A: Report it. Never compromise safety. No goal, cost saving, time saving or competitive advantage is worth an injury of any kind. Every employee has the right to refuse to do work reasonably perceived to be dangerous to health or safety.
A: Report it. If you are aware of any potential violation of law or company policies or procedures, it is your responsibility to report it.
A: Report it. ONE Gas policy requires that employment decisions be made without regard to the gender of the candidate. If you feel you were treated unfairly, please report your concern.
A: Report it. All employees are entitled to a workplace where their and supervisors treat them with dignity and respect. You should report the matter even though doing so may make you uncomfortable.